Source: Passive Walking Robot Propelled By It's Own Weight - DigInfo TV - Tech News Videos From Japan | The latest technology, products, gadgets and scientific research direct from Tokyo
Source: BLDGBLOG: Eye Roller
Source: Rotundus GroundBot - YouTube
Source: NYU Scientists’ Creation of Artificial Self-Replication Process Holds Promise for Novel Production of New Materials
Source: Subtly shaded map of Moon reveals Titanium treasure troves | School of Earth and Space Exploration
Photos & Guide to El Camino Del Rey, El Chorro, Spain
- The path was originally constructed in 1905 for workers of a hydro eletric damn set up in the cliffs of El Choro. Since then, the path has deteriorated and is now only for the adventurous. The government of Spain allocated 7 million euros for the restoration of El Camino Del Rey in 2006, however its clear that this has not been spent yet.
The climb starts like this, get the worst part over with
Crossing another missing section via the 3″ beam
El Camino del Rey, El Chorro, January 2011 High Definition - YouTube
El Caminito Del Rey To Be Restored
€9 million over 4 years to fund the restorationThe announced restoration of the landmark El Caminito Del Rey was decided yesterday, with one of its major obstacles being the funding. The full council of Malaga approved a multi-year economic plan to fund the works between 2011 and 2015. The investment amounts to 9,076,880 euros, which will be contributed equally by the provincial body and the Junta de Andalucia at a rate of 907,688.05 per year for each institution.
El Caminito del Rey, Desfiladero de los Gaitanes, El Chorro, Alora, (Malaga)
Caminito del Rey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MBA Polymers - YouTube
- MBA Polymers is a recognized global leader in the production of sustainable high-value plastics recovered from complex resource streams and end-of-life durable goods such as appliances, business machines and automobiles. The company is not only the technological leader in this developing area, but also the first global company to provide such services and materials.MBA Polymers, Plastic Recycling
- Company based in Richmond, California, United States has started a revolution in recycling the millions of tons of waste plastic you incinerate or put into landfill.
MBA Polymers takes complex shredder residue, low value material, and produces a high-value commodity by sorting out the non-plastic byproducts, such as wood, rubber, metals, fabrics, and separating the plastic by type and grade. This complicated separation of shredded plastics has very low cost, less environmental impact, and is cheaper to purchase than virgin. The proprietary process and technology includes upgrading, compounding, and extruding to a pellet form, at a fraction of the energy and resources to create virgin plastic. Final product that is high quality with stable volumes, resold directly back into the durable goods industry for electronic and auto components, information technology and home media equipment, and domestic appliance applications.Mike Biddle: We can recycle plastic | Video on TED.com
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/mike_biddle.htmlPlastic recycling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_recyclingWelcome to MBA Polymers—Smarter Plastics
SeaTwirl Turbine Could be the Most Cost-Effective Wind Energy Generator Yet | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World
- Swedish eco-designers, Ehrnberg Solutions AB, have just completed their most successful prototype of the floating SeaTwirl vertical wind turbine. The device captures and harvests offshore wind, without having to convert the energy as it is being stored. SeaTwirl is the first of its kind with only two moving parts, and it uses only sea water as a roller bearing, omitting the need for a gearbox or transmission.SeaTwirl - YouTube
- A successful test installation has been carried out in the sea near Halmstad on the Swedish west coast. Intense weeks of building, launching and tests at sea have now been completed and the technology has proven to work excellent! Read more about the SeaTwirl prototype III.
The development, construction and installation of the prototype is made in cooperation and with support of the following companies, organisations and institutions: Chalmers University of technology, Habasit AB, Ingeniörsfirman Myrén & Co. AB, Mekpart AB, Miltronic AB, Halmstad Hamn AB, Rexnord Industries, SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden, University of Gothenburg.SeaTwirl Prototype III - Sea Trial - YouTube